Kennison Forest Products, Inc. is the place to go for scaffolding planks. We are a major provider of high-quality scaffolding planks in Texas and are committed to assisting our clients in completing their projects.
When it comes to scaffolding, safety is always the top priority. As a result, we only provide high-quality, long-lasting items.
What are scaffolding planks, and what are they used for?
Scaffolding planks are boards that provide a working surface for construction and other projects. They’re typically wood, aluminum, or steel and come in various lengths and widths. Planks are an essential part of any scaffolding system, as they provide a stable and level surface to work on.
According to About Mechanics, scaffolding planks don’t hook over the scaffolding framework like purpose-built scaffold work planks. These boards are broader than standard work planks, giving them a more steady and even platform. The ends are often beveled to stop them from catching on to the framework.
What are the benefits of using scaffolding planks?
There are many benefits to using scaffolding planks, including:
- These planks provide a stable and level working surface.
- They can be used on a variety of scaffolding systems.
- They are available in a variety of lengths and widths.
- They are made of durable materials.
Thomas notes some scaffolding is created with wheels to allow it to be easily moved across the front of a building. For example, a mason might need to use a wheeled scaffold to reach the top of a three-story building. Scaffold planks are also used on stairwells and
other areas where a worker needs to be able to move around freely. How do you choose the right scaffolding plank?
When choosing scaffolding planks, there are a few things to remember.
- First, consider the material. These planks are made from wood, aluminum, or steel. Wooden planks are less expensive than their metal counterparts.
- Once you’ve decided on a material, it’s time to select the correct size. Scaffolding planks come in a variety of lengths and widths. It’s essential to choose a size that will be able to support the weight of your project.
- Finally, consider the surface of the scaffolding plank. It is recommended to have a smooth or rough surface. Smooth surfaces are more suitable for projects that require a high level of precision, such as painting or staining. Uneven surfaces are better suited for projects that involve heavy-duty work, such as sanding or drilling.
How to use scaffolding planks safely
Safety is always the number one priority when working with scaffolding. There are a few things to keep in mind when using scaffolding planks:
- Inspect the scaffolding plank before each use.
- Check for splinters, cracks, or other damage.
- Do not stand on the very edge of the scaffold plank.
- Wear proper safety gear, including a hard hat, gloves, and eye protection.
- Follow all safety regulations set forth by your scaffolding system.
Quality scaffold planks made in the USA
At Kennison Forest Products, Inc., we provide the best scaffolding planks in Texas. We provide the highest quality products at the most competitive prices. We offer 2200f MSR 1.8e Solid Sawn Scaffold Plank and Sure-Lam Lvl Scaffold Plank. Our products are made in the USA and meet OSHA standards.
We care about seeing our clients succeed, so we’ll work with you to identify the most appropriate solution for your project. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you.