Part 1910, Subpart D
1910.28 Safety Requirements for Scaffolding
(a) “General requirements for all scaffolds.”
- Scaffolds shall be furnished and erected in accordance with this standard for persons engaged in work that cannot be done safely from the ground or from solid construction except that ladders
used for such work shall conform to 1910.25 and 1910.26.
- The footing or anchorage for scaffolds shall be sound, rigid, and capable of carrying the maximum intended load without settling or displacement. Unstable objects such as barrels, boxes,
loose brick, or concrete blocks shall not be used to support scaffolds or planks.
- Scaffolds and their components shall be capable of supporting without failure at least four times the maximum load intended.
- Scaffolds and other devices mentioned or described in this section shall be maintained in a safe condition. Scaffolds shall not be altered or moved horizontally while they are in use or
- Any scaffold damaged or weakened from any cause shall be immediately repaired and shall not be used until repairs have been made.
- Scaffolds shall not be loaded in excess of the working load for which they are intended.
- All load-carrying timber members of scaffoldΩing framing shall be a minimum of 1500 f. (Stress Grade) construction grade lumber. All dimensions are nominal sizes as provided in the American
Lumber Standards, except that where rough sizes are noted, only rough and undressed lumber or the size specified will satisfy minimum requirements. (Note: Where nominal sizes of lumber are used
in place of rough sizes, the nominal size lumber shall be such as to provide equivalent strength to that specified in Tables D-7 through D-12 and D-16).
- All planking shall be Scaffold Grade as recognized by grading rules for the species of wood used. The maximum permissible spans for 2×9 inch or wider planks are shown in the following table.
(The maximum permissible span or 1 1/4 x 9-inch or wider plank of full thickness is 4 feet with medium loading of 50 p.s.f)a
FAKE FACE STAMPS OR NO FACE STAMPS ON SUBSTANDARD
SOLID SAWN AND LAMINATED SCAFFOLD PLANKS.
Unfortunately, in today’s market there are individuals who are willing to take a chance with your or your employees’ life. Make sure you know what you’re buying and how to identify legitimate Solid Sawn and Laminated Veneer Lumber Scaffold Plank.
Legitimate LVL Scaffold Plank Requirements
Excerpts from the current ANSI A10.8 standard:
- “5.2.9 Allowable design properties for laminated wood planks shall be as determined and published by the manufacturer
- “5.2.10 All laminated planks shall bear the seal of an independent, nationally recognized inspection agency certifying compliance with the design criteria referenced herein.”
In addition, the LVL must have the Manufacture ID Stamp.
The APA EWS Mark of Quality
APA EWS trademarks appear only on products manufactured by APA EWS member mills. The mark signifies that panel quality is subject to verification through APA EWS audit– a procedure designed to assure manufacture in conformance with APA performance standards or the standard shown in the mark.
TOP QUALITY SCAFFOLD PLANKS From Kennison Forest, Inc.
SURE-LAM 2.1E and 2.3E LVL Scaffold Plank
SURE-LAM TM 2.1E and 2.3E is manufactured in the USA, using only high quality Douglas Fir veneer. The superior strength of Douglas Fir combined with a state-of-the-art manufacturing process ensures that you will receive a LVL scaffold plank that you can depend on. SURE-LAM 2.1E LVL Scaffold Plank is available from several of our distribution centers across the United States.
2200F MSR 1.8E Solid Sawn Scaffold Plank
2200F MSR 1.8E Solid Sawn Scaffold Plank represents an evolutionary enhancement in the qualification of solid sawn scaffolding boards versus traditional DI65 planks. Our mill’s proof testing process results in lower variability in flatwise bending strength in 2200F MSR 1.8E planks than visual grading alone found in traditional DI65 planks.
As the global spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to impact our world in a big way, we at Kennison Forest Products are closely monitoring the changing situation.
Our company headquarters and partner facilities are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as our local, state and federal governments, to minimize the spread of the virus.
We are thankful that there have been no reported cases of coronavirus among our staff or facilities personnel. There will be no interruption to our service, product supply/delivery or business hours.
As we continue to provide the best products and service in the industry, we at Kennison Forest Products are doing everything possible to promote the safety and well-being of our customers.
As always we are available round the clock to provide the best scaffold plank on the market, with the service you have come to expect.
Please call or email any of our sales representatives if you need a quote, to place an order or just have a question!